TORRANCE, Calif., March 15, 2020 –Continuing efforts to address the rapidly evolving conditions of COVID-19, and for the protection of community and staff from unintended transmission, the City of Torrance is temporarily suspending public access to certain offices and City counters.
These closures include:
- Airport Administration Main Counter 310-784-7908
- City Hall Offices
- City Attorney’s Office 310-618-5810
- City Clerk’s Office 310- 618-2870
- City Council Offices 310- 328-5310
- City Manager’s Office 310- 618-5880
- City Prosecutor’s Office 310-618-2740
- City Hall West Annex 310- 328-5310
- Community Development Department
- On-site Building 310-618-5910
- Public Works Inspections 310-618-5910
- The One Stop Permit Center 310-618-5898
- Current and Comprehensive Planning 310-618-5990
- Airport Noise Abatement Center 310-618-5929
- Section 8 Housing Counter 310-618-5840
- Cultural Arts Center Rentals 310-781-7150
- Fire Stations 310-781-7042
- Human Resources Building 310-618-2960
- Police Department and sub stations 310-328-3456
The Police Department will take crime reports where evidence collection is not needed from the non-emergency line 310-328-3456 and would like to remind the public to call 911 in the event of an emergency. The Human Resources Department has postponed all job placement exams and the Community Development Department is only honoring previously scheduled appointments that are deemed to be absolutely necessary. The public can call the City Clerk’s Office at 310-618-2870 to make an appointment for Subpoenas, Public Records Requests, etc.
The City of Torrance continues to confer with medical experts and follows the consulting guidance from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) to cooperatively and proactively slow the spread of COVID-19 while addressing any challenges that may arise due to any outbreak of this disease in the City. Please sign up with Torrance Alerts to receive the latest updates regarding COVID-19 from the City of Torrance at www.TorranceCA.gov/TorranceAlerts.