To help slow the spread of coronavirus, the City of Torrance announced the following closures and postponements and preventative measure out of an abundance of caution and in the interest of the community’s health and well-being.
City Council Meetings
- June 2
Torrance Certified Farmers Market
2200 Crenshaw Blvd.
Tuesdays and Saturdays | 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- June 2
- June 6
- All Commission meetings are cancelled until further notice
Office of Cable & Community Relations
- Torrance Community Television (TCtv)
- Bartlett Center
- Tillim Center
- All senior programs at the following City facilities: Bartlett and Tillim Senior Centers, the Ken Miller Recreation Center and Walteria Park.
- All libraries
- All library programs & public computer use
- All parks and Community Gardens are open observing social distancing protocols.
- Madrona Marsh Preserve is open by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call (310) 782-3989 on Tuesday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Madrona Marsh Nature Center & all programs cancelled
- Sea-Aire Golf Course
- Las Canchas Tennis Facility
- Torrance Batting Cages
- Tennis Courts
- Pickleball Courts
- After School Clubs
- Adaptive Recreation Services Programs
- Men’s, Women’s & Senior Golf Clubs
- Roller Hockey Leagues
- Dee Hardison Sports Center
- Roller Hockey Rink
- Attic Teen Center
- Youth Council meetings
- Youth Basketball Leagues
- Cheer Program
- Early Childhood programs
- Pitch Hit & Run event
- Benstead Plunge & cancel programs
- All Recreation & Cultural Division classes until further notice
- Cultural Arts Commission meetings
- Torrance Theatre show – “GOOD PEOPLE”
Canceled Special Events
Water Commission- 6/1/2020
Planning Commission- 6/3/2020
Environmental Commission- 6/4/2020
Used Oil Recycling Event - 6/13/2020
Postponed Special Events
Commission certification training- May
City Yard Open House & Environmental Fair- 6/13/2020
Commission appointments- June
Commission certification training- June
City Council Meeting- 6/2/2020
City Council Meeting- 6/9/2020
City Yard Open House- 6/13/2020
Disclaimer: Status subject to change. Please check back periodically.