City of Torrance, CA
Back to Blog
City of Torrance Issues Public Order NO. 2021-01 Repealing Public Order NO. 2020-4 and Public Order NO. 2020-10
PUBLIC ORDER NO. 2021-01 OF THE CITY MANAGER
UNDER CITY OF TORRANCE'S EMERGENCY
AUTHORITY REPEALING PUBLIC ORDER NO. 2020-4
AND PUBLIC ORDER NO. 2020-10 THEREBY REINSTATING
TIMELINES IN SECTIONS 11.5.3 AND 11.5.4 OF THE
TORRANCE MUNICIPAL CODE RELATING TO HEARINGS ON
APPEALS, AND REINSTATING TIMELINES IN SECTIONS
92.41.090, 921.41.100, 92.41.110, AND 92.41.120
RELATING TO VIEW EQUITY AND REINSTATING
ALL PUBLIC AND CLOSED HEARINGS IN COMPLIANCE
WITH COVID-19 HEAL TH GUIDELINES
WHEREAS, Government Code Section 8634 empowers the City Council and delegated officials to promulgate orders and regulations necessary to provide for protection of life or property during a local emergency; and;
WHEREAS, the City Council has specifically delegated this authority to the City Manager as Director of Emergency Services in Chapter 6 of Division 1 of the Torrance Municipal Code. Further, the City Council confirmed this delegation of authority by Resolution on March 16, 2020; and
WHEREAS, this order is issued in accordance with, and incorporates by reference the March 12, 2020 Proclamation by the City Manager proclaiming a local emergency as a result of the threat of COVID-19, which Proclamation and Order was ratified by the City Council on March 16, 2020; and
WHEREAS, the City of Torrance would like to reinstate all appeal timelines in the Torrance Municipal Code relating to both hearings and view equity.
WHEREAS, the City of Torrance would like to proceed with all Public and Closed Hearings for all active committees, boards, and commissions.
By virtue of the authority vested in me as City Manager of the City of Torrance pursuant to the provisions of California Government Code 8634, the City Charter, Torrance Municipal Code 16.2.6, the laws and the Constitution of the State of California to promulgate, issue, and enforce rules, regulations, orders, and directives.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Public Order No. 2020-4 and Public Order No. 2020-10 are repealed in their entirety.
2. The timelines in Sections 11.5.3 and 11.5.4 of the Torrance Municipal Code relating to hearings on appeals are reinstated in their entirety.
3. The timelines in Sections 92.41.090, 92.41.100, 92.41.110 and 92.41.120 relating to View Equity are reinstated in their entirety.
4. All public and closed hearings are reinstated in compliance with COVI D-19 health guidelines.
5. If any subsection, sentence, clause, phrase or word of this Order or any application of it to any person, structure, gathering or circumstance is held to be invalid or unconstitutional by a decision of a court of competent jurisdiction, then such decision will not affect the validity of the remaining portions of applications of this Order.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED this Order is effective immediately shall apply Citywide until rescinded by the City Council or City Manager.
Comments are closed.